2024 National Conference
The 2024 Association of Leadership Programs National Conference is your gateway to inspiration, innovation, and invaluable networking opportunities.
Experience three days packed with dynamic speakers, interactive workshops, and thought-provoking discussions designed to elevate your skills, enhance your community leadership program, and ignite your passion for positive change within your community. From seasoned executives to emerging leaders, this conference offers something for everyone eager to make a difference in their community and beyond. The full conference is open to leaders of community leadership programs and alumni of CLPs as well.
Connect with fellow trailblazers, exchange ideas, and forge lasting connections that will fuel your personal and professional growth. Whether you're looking to enhance your toolkit, gain fresh perspectives, or simply be inspired by the latest trends in leadership development, this is the event you can't afford to miss.
Together, let's empower, inspire, lead with purpose, and continue to light the way at the 2024 Association of Leadership Programs National Conference.
- Reginald Lewis, Executive Director of the Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership, announced as Keynote Speaker. Learn More.
- Registration will open on March 1, 2024. Sign up to be notified.
- Interested in supporting the 2024 ALP National Conference? View the 2024 Sponsorship Prospectus here.
- Questions? Contact Sarah Alice Keiser, Director of Events & Marketing.
LEADERSHIP PROGRAM/ORGANIZATION PRICING
|Early Bird 2+
|March 1 - April 30, 2024
|May 1 - June 30, 2024
|Early Bird Only
Between March 1 and April 30, ALP members who register two or more attendees are eligible to receive the 2+ member discount price of $549/each.
View a one-page pricing guide here.
ALUMNI ATTENDEE PRICING
Graduates of Community Leadership Programs (CLPs) from around the United States and beyond are invited to attend the 2024 ALP National Conference. Graduates of CLPs are eligible for the ALP member price if the program they graduated from is a member of the Association of Leadership Programs.
To verify if your associated organization is a member of ALP, please contact email@example.com.
Graduates of programs that are not members of ALP are invited to join us at the nonmember price.
The conference host hotel is the Omni Providence Hotel.
A guest room block with a special room night rate of $189/night will be made available on March 1, 2024, when the National Conference registration goes live.
Please do not contact the hotel to make arrangements until our group booking link is made available.
The National Conference will kick off at 3:00 PM ET on Monday, August 5, but why not arrive in Providence a little early? Participate in a half-day pre-conference workshop to hone your leadership skills or participate in an adventurous excursion.
To participate in pre-conference learning sessions, plan to arrive in Providence by 9:30 AM on Monday, August 5
To participate in pre-conference excursions, plan to arrive in Providence between 10:30 AM and 12:00 PM ET on Monday, August 5.
|Monday, August 5
10:00 AM - 2:30 PM Excursions/ Pre-Conference Workshops
|Tuesday, August 6
7:00 AM - 7:45 AM Optional Morning Wellbeing Activities | Omni
|Wednesday, August 7
7:00 AM - 7:45 AM Optional Morning Wellbeing Activity | Omni
|Thursday, August 8
|All Events on Thursday take place in the Narragansett Ballroom
8:15 AM Closing Remarks | Lura Hammond - Executive Director, ALP
|The schedule is subject to change, but the key times will remain the same. Join us at 3:00 PM on Monday, August 5, to kick off the 2024 National Conference!
Rhode Island is easy to reach by air, rail, or highway. Nearby Warwick's Rhode Island T.F. Green International Airport is just 10 minutes from Providence, while Amtrak and MBTA rail services are located in the heart of downtown.
Boston's Logan International Airport features nonstop air service from more than 100 worldwide destinations. Located less than 50 miles from Providence, Logan offers convenient transportation options from Boston, including bus service pickup within steps of all five of its airport terminals. Peter Pan's 10 daily departures leave directly from Logan to downtown Providence, and Amtrak and commuter rail service are readily available from Boston.
Driving to Providence Nestled along the beautiful eastern seaboard, Providence is located within an 8-hour drive for a number of ALP members. Want to avoid airport hassle? Consider a road trip!
- Boston, MA - 1.25 hours
- Albany, NY - 2.5 hours
- Portland, ME - 3 hours
- New York, NY - 4 hours
- Burlington, VT - 4.5 hours
- Philadelphia, PA - 5.5 hours
- Baltimore, MD - 7 hours
- Buffalo, NY - 7 hours
- Washington, D.C. - 7.5 hours
The 2024 National Conference promises to be an exceptional event filled with networking opportunities, insightful discussions, and memorable experiences. We encourage all our guests to extend their stay and explore the beautiful state of Rhode Island. With its rich history, picturesque landscapes, and vibrant culture, Rhode Island has much to offer beyond the conference. Whether you’re planning to bring your family or work colleagues, staying a few days before or after the conference program will provide ample time to experience the best of Rhode Island. Here are some suggestions to help you make the most of your extended stay:
- Discover Rhode Island’s rich history: As one of the original 13 colonies, Rhode Island boasts a rich history waiting to be explored. Visit historic sites like the Breakers Mansion in Newport, the Rhode Island State House in Providence, or the Slater Mill Historic Site in Pawtucket to gain insight into the state’s storied past.
- Explore the picturesque coastline: Rhode Island’s stunning coastline offers breathtaking views, sandy beaches, and charming seaside towns. Take a scenic drive along Ocean Drive in Newport, relax on Narragansett Town Beach, or explore the picturesque village of Watch Hill.
- Immerse yourself in the arts and culture scene: Rhode Island has a thriving arts and culture scene, with various museums, galleries, and performance venues. Visit the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) Museum, enjoy a show at the Providence Performing Arts Center, or explore the WaterFire art installation in downtown Providence.
- Indulge in the local cuisine: Rhode Island’s culinary scene is a delightful fusion of New England traditions and international influences. Savor fresh seafood at a local clam shack, try the iconic Rhode Island clam chowder, or indulge in a delicious Italian meal on Federal Hill.
- Enjoy outdoor activities: Rhode Island’s natural beauty provides the perfect backdrop for outdoor adventures. Hike the beautiful trails at Colt State Park, kayak through the Narrow River, or take a leisurely stroll in the picturesque Roger Williams Park.
- Family-friendly attractions: If you’re traveling with family, Rhode Island offers many attractions that cater to visitors of all ages. Enjoy a day at the Roger Williams Park Zoo, explore the interactive exhibits at the Providence Children’s Museum, or take a ride on the historic Flying Horse Carousel in Watch Hill.
By extending your stay in Rhode Island, you can strike the perfect balance between participating in the 2024 National Conference and experiencing the best the state offers. So why not stay the week and make your visit to Rhode Island a truly unforgettable experience?
|Leadership Rhode Island
|Leadership Rhode Island
|Leadership Rhode Island
|Leadership Rhode Island
|Kristin Zosa Puleo
|Grimes Leadership Academy
|Hall County Leadership Unlimited
|Hall County Leadership Unlimited, Inc
|Joy Saucier Consulting
|Lakeland Chamber of Commerce
|Lead New Jersey
|LEAD San Diego
|Leadership Delaware County
|Leadership Fort Worth
|Leadership Greater Hartford
|Leadership Greater Huntsville, Inc.
|Leadership Lincoln, Inc.
|Leadership Louisville Center
|Leadership Marshall County
|Leadership Pittsburgh Inc.
|Leadership Southern Indiana
|Leadership Southwest Louisiana
|Maine Development Foundation
|The Leadership Center, Cincinnati
|Vision St. Charles County Leadership
|List to be populated after registration launches on March 1, 2024.